A limited partnership or limited liability partnership that is established in a recognized jurisdiction outside the Islands may apply to be registered as a Foreign Limited Partnership under the Exempted Limited Partnership Law (2018 Revision) (“the Law”) upon submission of a statement giving details of:
- jurisdiction in which it is established;
- specify whether it is deemed to be a separate legal entity and, if so, the full name and address of any managing member or other person who immediately controls or directs the affairs of the foreign limited partnership
- address of its registered office in its jurisdiction of formation
- names and addresses of person(s) resident in the Islands authorised to accept on its behalf service of process and any notices
- the full name and address of any general partners
The Law allows for a foreign limited partnership to be the General Partner of an ELP.
Foreign partnerships are required to pay an annual fee and to file changes in registration particulars with the Registrar.