The public does not have access to the register of members from the office of the Registrar. However, the register of members of any company, except an exempted company, may be inspected by any person at its registered office subject to the provisions of the Companies Act and reasonable restrictions as the company may impose.
The Registrar shall be notified of all changes in the directors & officers including:
- New Appointments
- Change of name
- Change of address
Every company is required to keep at its registered office a register containing the names and addresses of its directors, including alternate directors, and officers, and shall:
- Send a copy of such register to the Registrar within sixty days of the first appointment of any director or officer of the company; and
- Notify the Registrar of any change in such directors or officers including a change of the name of such directors or officers, within thirty days of any such change.
For local companies without a CSP as its registered office:
- Register of directors & officer reflecting the new director/officer
- Valid government-issued photo ID
- Resolution appointing director/officer
CSP – updated register of directors and officers
A non-Caymanian can be the shareholder of an ordinary resident company. However, as required under the Local Companies (Control) Act, where business is to be carried out in the islands, there has to be at least 60% Caymanian beneficial ownership.
The Companies Act requires ROC to make available, the list of the names of the current directors of a company and where applicable, the current alternate directors of a company.