One of the persons intending to enter into a civil partnership is required to apply to the Registrar or a Civil Registrar and give notice in the prescribed form.

  • Valid Registrar’s or Civil Registrar’s certificate OR a valid special licence granted by the Governor
  • Two or more witnesses in addition to the civil partnership officer.
  • A clear statement by each which gives the full name of each party; and acknowledges that they are freely entering into a civil partnership with each other and know of no lawful impediment to the civil partnership.