If the Marriage Officer did not file the marriage register, the parties may contact the marriage officer requesting that the filing be made.  If the marriage officer refuses to comply with the requirement to file the document, the applicant shall report the default of such Marriage Officer to the Clerk of Court pursuant to the Marriage Act.